Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:00 am 

Greetings Gaming Comrades I Need a little help i visited the tko server some time ago and found the maps pretty kick ass and asked how to get mine to look like that they said go to the forums and look and so i did all it said was to get battlecraft and so i did but anyway back to the point i looked thru all the tuts here they did not tell me enough i tryed it and it did not work what i really need to do in order to change the vehicles around like add another a1skyraider spawn to the airport on flamming dart it needs to be thorough so i dont mess the map up do you understand what im talken about ???

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:34 am 

I'm n00b still but i'll give it a shot. First thing I learned that helped me out was:
You can't add objects to the objectspawntemplates.con
you can only add them in the:
objectspawns.con

you can however CHANGE EXISTING objects in the template:

lets say this vehicle was the original in the template;

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner HueyAssSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 UH1Assault
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 30
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.Distance 200
here we see team 2 (USA) will have a huey gunship spawn as determined by your objectspawms.con file.

now you can tweak it like this:

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner HueyAssSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 mutt
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 uaz
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 30
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.Distance 200

Now, team 2 (USA) will get a mutt and team 1 (NVA) will get a uaz as determined in your objectspawn.con file.

Any other questions feel free as i dont know what you know....

Server info:
Draft Beer
208.109.209.191:15567
SSM maps only
Clan site: http://www.battlecore.us

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:41 am 

Thanks this brings up another example where do the files go once im done editing them and what do i have to do to get them to work with anyone else having to get to the files to play

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:19 pm 

There's a lot you can and can't do with SSM. I suggest you read and read and read these forums, they answer most questions pretty well. If you want, I'll send you a copy of the [TKO] Flaming Dart Legend map so you can see how it works and what I changed, just PM me your email address. Download WINRFA and you're on your way. Your last question is a little vague... Do you have a server you can upload the files to?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:32 pm 

thats what im saying the first things was i looked thru the forums and all i found was the tut for the code part and then i also saw somone mention about mapping aswell so i need to know exactly what i need to do and yes thanks i run my own server are there any other files you can send me :razz: what i mean is somone said i could edit the spawn for the mig21 just by changing that code is that true or do i need to go into battecraft aswell and once i've done this how do i get it on the server by moving or is there anything extra i need to do

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:44 pm 

I ONLY use battlecraft to find coordinates. I use WINRFA to change the coordinates in the .rfa file. WINRFA is where I do 99% of my SSMing. If you don't need coordinates, you don't need bcv.

This thread might help:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=552

Please PM me your email address so I can send you the map, cause it'll be pretty simple once you look over it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:59 pm 

alright so i got that once i make the changes do i just copy over the map to the server ? and then join BTW where di you guys learn all these codes i would like to be able to learn all this aswell,I Hope you guys dont mind but i added a link to your site on mine

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]