[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - BFV/POE Modding.

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: BFV/POE Modding.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:24 am 

I am not new to the modding scene but have spent a great deal of time taking pen to paper and writing down spawn points for vehicles then manually entering them into the _001 RFA files of the maps for server side.

Can anyone direct me to where i may find the files to open and edit PoE mod in battlecraft vetnam and a walkthrough on how where to put files to get me moving in the correct Direction?

I need the config files..Objects list for PoE....ect....

Thanks for any leads!

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:43 am 

i dunno if it works on poe or not, but the best coordinate finder i have used is battlecraft 42. not only does it give X\Y\Z, but absolute rotation, and cfg and lst files, if im not mistaken, can be found thru Battelfield Single Player, thank you bong, website.....GO BIG BLUE!!!! #1 LSU 37 #17 Kentucky 43 F\3 OT!!!

Webpage: http://ez1st.homeip.net/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:06 pm 

Here are links to the CFG and LST for POE

http://www.mediafire.com/?3e7wezt9zda

http://www.mediafire.com/?9w3zfjsilj9

If this doesn't work try

myaabe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:07 pm 

Thanks myaabe, I did find them in the poe forums.

Interesting thing?

I ran a dedicated server with PoE running a few choice maps on in CQ mode.... not a vehicle in sight.

The same map has awsome vehicle placements in PoE_SP mod.

I took the ObjectSpawns and ObjectspawnTemplates from the Single Player File and moved them to my new RFA in CQ ObjectSpawns and ObjecSpawnTemplatesemplates under the POE Mod.

So here is the big ol question of the day.

In the RFA ObjectSpawns and OBjectSpawsTemplates Have an Identical file with a .bak extention (backup?) and shows the file size as being the same as the actual file but when trying to access it RFA explorer says "NO FILE".

So i did the usual copy and paste what i needed same i do for DC_Final and it loads 60% for client before they get the Corrupt Data Error.

So basicly what i did required me to send the new file to the client so it would work.

I'm not Quite sure what i need to do to import those vehicle over to PoE CQ without client download.

I've seen a few servers running these vehicle placements in CQ so i know i am missing something.

Thanks for any Feedback:)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:29 pm 

which maps are you talking about running ?
will look at them to see if I can help

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:28 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:56 am 

One map is battle of turkana under th PoE mod...there is a file named the same as the objectspawns but has a .bak extention.

So in short i want to import the single player objectspawns and object templates from PoE_SP over to the conquest mode of the same map under the PoE mod.

I tried sveral ways to do this and client still gets corrupt data.

Is there an easier alternative to just building my own _001 rfa from ground up using BCV?

Is it possible to run the single player rfa under the orinal PoE mod if it was renamed _001?

Sorry for the questions but i figured it might help us all think about the answer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:42 am 

You can't ad or remove objectspawners, period!
Read how to make a patchfile.
Read tutorial on how to edit things.
Then search for your problems.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next