[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - No mods anywhere? Looks like I'll have to set the standard!

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:41 am 

Hello fellow gamers and programmers!

I love coding in Battlefield and I've been asked by several EA partners to create a server side mod for 2142 and to show people how it's done.

I've been coding in Battlefield 2 under anonymous mod teams and in 2142 demo and now the 2142 full version.

If you're interested in checking out my work then find and join the EMS Gamers server (my host) on the 2142 demo. I'm currently converting everything over to the full with exceptional results! My servers are constantly packed with people happy with my mod. I'm always open to new ideas and if good, will be added to the mod.

Here's what I've done so far. At any time, you can join the FULL version and (if it's up) join A-Train's Test Server to see for yourself on what I've done.

So, let's go down the list of things I've done. Please keep in mind that this is ALL SERVER SIDE - NO DOWNLOADING necessary. Once the mod is finished (should be finished by this up coming Saturday (May 31, 2008), I will post a detailed, technical change log that everybody can read along with that shows you step by step all the changes I made and where to make them and how much to make them by. Here are the changes for the 2142 FULL version (be sure to join the servers to see them in action!):

*Changed the EU AV Rocket Launcher into an Orbital Launcher, capable of firing 16 rockets in a shotgun pattern sending infantry, vehicles, almost everything 100 meters or more into the air.

*Added control to parachutes. Players can cross long distances in their parachute or do cool stunts in the air by using standard movement keys. Players can also exit out of their parachute and reopen it several times on their way down.

*POD surfing - Coded pods so they launch you 500 meters into the air and allows players to surf the map without having to do any special coding. AND NO I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POD SURFING PROBLEMS ON THE SERVERS. I just took the idea and made it so everybody can do it easily with standard movement keys. Dropping from transports will accelerate your pod faster than 1000 meters per second to the ground...and survive. Players can exit out of their pods at any time.

*Increased the speed of the jeeps by 2 fold. Same control but with new tires that allow them to climb more grades faster than ever before.

*Reduced the damage from water on the jeeps.

*Extended the time jeeps can stay in water before they get damaged.

*When jeeps explode, they send any infantry near by flying backwards and sends the jeep 50 meters into the air.

*Increased the EMP time on jeeps.

*Jeeps are now immune to motion mines.

*Added 4 wheel drive to jeeps.

*Increased the jeep Sprint (use caution with this as control is sacrificed with 4 wheel drive).

*Increased the entry radius for all vehicles.

*Added a secret anti-flip system that works 99% on the PAC jeep and 70% percent on the EU jeep to auto flip the jeep when on its side or upside down. It's really cool to watch. Players need to do nothing, as they watch their jeep magically re-flip itself.

*Removed the damage caused when upside down when inside a hover tank.

*Reduced damage delay and overall damage when in water for the hover tank.

*Turned the Hover Tank into a nuclear tank with a nuclear reactor. If the tank explodes, this causes a massive explosion (which is rendered on the client side) the size of a small nuclear bomb, devastating everything around it.

*Decreased and increased gravity on several objects.

*Made the hover tank immune to motion mines.

*Turned and renamed the PAC hover tank into a Ground Assault Artillery Tank.

*Turned the GAAT tank into a flying tank.

***REMOVED*** *GAAT tank fires commander artillery shells (which renders both the sound and graphics on the client side). ***REMOVED***

*Added a MASSIVE recoil to the GAAT tank to compensate for the massive artillery shells.

*Created a patch that fixed alot of community issues that EA still has not addressed.

*Changed the material of the jeeps to convert them into bumper cars.

*Made tanks and jeeps more resistant to damage from objects (not weapons).

*Doubled and tripled the sprint distances, times, and speeds of various soldiers.

*Coded helipads to heal infantry and all vehicles and resupply both vehicles and infantry.

*Changed the helipads so they affected both sides, regardless of who captured the flag.

*Packed volatile C4 into the destructible barrels.

***REMOVED*** *Placed a nuke in the destructible crate. ***REMOVED***

*Destructible crate heals and repairs soldiers and vehicles.

*Static AV launches grenades. Added a special HUD for the rail gun.

*AA Gun now fires shock grenades which affect all units which are 30 meters away or further.

*Changed APC's so they float and take minimum damage when in water.

*Changed the APC grenades to smoke grenades (which render on the client side).

*Made the APC's faster.

*Increased the traction on the EU tank treads so it can climb steeper grades.

*EU tank also turns faster and has a slightly higher top speed.

***REMOVED*** *The transports for both teams have been completely overhauled. They are much faster, have different handling, and has a faster overall top speed that is faster than the gunship. ***REMOVED***

*Removed the armored glass on most of the vehicles and titans and replaced them with glass that breaks (not rendered on client sides). This allows most weaponry to pass through including rockets.

*Gunships have an all new rocket locking system with interesting results.

*Gunship cannons can now destroy commander assets and send infantry and some vehicles soaring into the air.

*Mechs have more limitations now. That's all I'm going to say about that.

*AMMO Hubs are now universal decoys - Join the server to see what I'm talking about.

*Claymores are more powerful and can stick to vehicles.

*EMP mines can stick to buildings, walls, vehicles and can detonate without a vehicle having to be right on it.

***REMOVED*** *Motion mines send vehicles flying if it's not destroyed in the first hit. ***REMOVED***

***REMOVED*** *Invisibility is increased with the unlock and players can use it longer. ***REMOVED***

*C4 is now a MPE or MultiPurpose Explosive. This thing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun! It acts like a land mine, booby trap, regular c4, timed c4, and sends anything it comes in contact with SOARING through the air.

*More claymores can be placed at a time.

***REMOVED*** *Limited the TV guided missiles. ***REMOVED***

*Added Auto-Pilot to transports. When somebody bails out of a transport, the auto pilot will attempt to land the transport safely to the ground. Transports survive 50% of falls now when a person bails.

*UPDATE*

*Changed commander artillery strike to commander smoke strike. Commander blankets an entire area with smoke. This has mixed bugs which I soon hope to rid of.

*TV Guided missles now fire from the gunships at a 30 degree angle instead of a 10 degree angle, reducing spam and helping the second pilots.

*Supply Crates will insta-heal and insta-arm much faster in a larger radius. The life of the supply crates has been reduced to only 3 seconds after hitting the ground.

*UAV scanning radius has been increased.

*A total of 10 packs of C4 can be placed at once without losing the previous packs.

*Spawn beacons can be placed on vehicles and at higher angles than before.

*PAC missile now blasts infantry and vehicles into the air.

*Snipers are now equiped with EMP rounds.

*Snipers now have a insta-kill at short ranges and drops at medium ranges.

*Sniper rifles have a massive recoil.

*Turned grenades into shock grenades. <---Way too much fun!

*Coded throwing knives. You can throw your knives at short ranges.

*Removed the collision physics for lamp poles...you can now walk through them. Pilots will be very pleased with this feature. Works on all levels (stock and custom).

*Turned destructable crates into Launch Platforms that launch you into the air 100+ meters. They will also kill you if you hit them at a wrong angle.

***That's the finished mod excluding map changes. Map changes will bring a whole new game experience, such as, NO out of bounds area, new flag locations, spawns, vehicles, and lots more!***

Planned up coming changes:

Give the titan an overhaul. New spawn points, vehicles, etc.

Tweak the hover car so it can jump and give more side-ways ability.

And in-depth map changes.

Much more!

That's all I've coded in the last 4 days for the FULL version. The mod is complete and ready for distrubution. The demo is 200% more modified than what you see here. Be sure to check out the demo to see what you can expect and more from the full!

2142 DEMO FULLY MODIFIED SERVER:

EMS Gamers: 208.122.57.131 Standard port.

2142 FULL PARTIALLY MODIFIED SERVER:

A-Train's Test Server (No IP avaliable as this is only online during testing phases).

Be sure to spread the word about this mod guys!

By the way, I'm still looking for a name for this mod. So far, the best name is Crazy Ballistics mod. If you have any ideas for the mod or a mod name, let me know.

Guys, I'm also looking for professional Video artists to capture this mod in action and to make amazing trailers for this mod.

Post here or tell your friends on how to contact me so we can talk in further detail.

Be sure to add me in game! AwesomeATrain

Last edited by AwesomeATrain on Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:42 am 

Guys, I'm also looking for professional Video artists to capture this mod in action and to make amazing trailers for this mod.

Post here or tell your friends on how to contact me so we can talk in further detail.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm 

Holy... all ssm?
Well, you did a great job there :)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:35 am 

The mod is done except I have 2 bugs that are being a pain...one prevents me from playing titan... the other doesn't allow me to play on fall of berlin...yet I haven't modified any maps yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 am 

Bugs fixed and post updated!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]