[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Would Like to Add A Vehicle

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 pm 

I did my best searching but am still frustrated. I'm trying to add a vehicle to a map for the mod Forgotten Hope 2. I want to add it server side so my friends can join a local and use the vehicle with me. How do i do this? Doesn't need to be specifically for the mod but just the method in which this is done. Thanks for the help.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 am 

This is for BF1942 and BFV:
tutorial.php?page=replacevehicles.html

Not sure what you do for BF2...

Last edited by Boom on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:27 am 

I found that one and tried the RFA explorer program. I couldn't get it to the .Con files for the map though. The .Con files for spawnobjects are inside a zipped Server folder. Would i have to unzip it to be able to modify them? And will rezipping them afterwards make them runable? Sorry i should have been more specific the first time, i assumed that program only worked for bf1942

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:25 pm 

First download a program called WinRAR if you havnt already, it can unzip alot of folder archives and makes modding BF2 so much easier.

As for your question can we verify what exactly it is your asking?

Is it A: I want to add a vehicle that already exists in the mod, but is not on the map

is it B: I want to make and add and entirely NEW vehicle which is not in the mod at this time

or Is it C: I want to take a vehicle from another Mod and add it to the map

Or do any of these explanations help?

Well lets start with Letter A. This one is quite simple, Although you cannot add an entirely new Spawn Serverside, you can edit an existing one. Inside the FH2 Mod folder is a Level Folder, in there should be your custom map, or existing FH2 map which you wish to modify. If it is a new map and is unfinished you may not have to unzip and files, but if the map is finished or if it is an existing map you will see 2 files inside that maps folder. You will see a Client.zip and a Server.zip. For vehicle spawnpoints we want the Server.zip. If you have winRAR which I highly suggest, Open up the Server.zip within the map folder and (If Using WinRAR) Hit Extract and then ok, The file will extract to the levels folder, and a New folder will be created that is called "server" Inside that folder will be one called GameModes, open this up and choose the gameMode you wish to modify. GPM_COOP = COOP GPM_CQ = Conquest SP1 = Singleplayer, and FH2 may have others refering to gold rush and things such as these, but choose the one you want, or you can do them all. Then choose the Map size you want, and finally using NotePad open up "GameplayObjects.con" Inside these folders are files with similar code to this:

rem ********** Object Spawner **********
rem [ObjectSpawnerTemplate: CPNAME_GO_SP16_beach_0_1]
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner CPNAME_GO_SP16_beach_0_1
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe ObjectSpawner CPNAME_GO_SP16_beach_0_1
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser nla
ObjectTemplate.isNotSaveable 1
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 jep_vodnik
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 usjep_hmmwv

This is a standard BF2 Object Spawner, to change the vehicle you want to spawn on the map, just remove the existing vehicle

ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 jep_vodnik

and locate the name of the vehicle you want and replace it.

ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 UH_60 (This isnt an actual name)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option B however, I do not believe would be possible, unless you are willing to dedicate hours of time coding a new vehicle, and then distrubuting the proper files for it to your friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option C may be possible, not sure, BF2 mods work different than BF1942 mods, in BF1942 we could highlight a mod path and then every vehicle weapon static and solder in that mod would be available for use, but in BF2 it highlights client and server archives not entire Mod Folders. I believe inorder to properly import a vehicle from an exsiting mod you would need to go ahead and edit the Serverarchives.con and the Clientarchives.con found in the FH2 Mod folder. But then again I believe the FH2 devs already have done this so mayb If you wanted to try adding a Humvee to one of the maps, It may work.

Good Luck, hope this helped, If it what you were asking was different please say so.

EDIT

I forgot to add one thing. After you edit the con file and save it, you will have to go back to the main server folder, select everything, pack it to a new zip file named server.zip and then Overwrite the old one for the mod to work. MD5 Tool queries may be interested in you after that though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:31 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:26 am 

howdy, i know this is an old thread, but i tried option A and all i get is client ctd once joined... wanna ssm the jets from some of the maps and add some of the dune buggies to maps that don't have them... i'm running bf2 right out of the box... 1.3 i think, no update...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]