[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - modeling and sizes stuff

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: modeling and sizes stuff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:33 am 

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:32 pm 

IK is only used in weapons in vehicles, 1P and 3P soldier animations is all done through .baf files. (about EE-9 blooper (wtf is EE-9), i once added the machinegun of a SBD-T to a willy 1m high, man that was funny)
If you need to relocate the weapon, you need to movce the pivotpoint around in the object (not in the world) Go to the hierarchy tab, select affect pivot only and then use the move tool. Its the pivot that acts like the bone for the Bone Animation Files. That or edit all the baf files, which is a pain ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:25 pm 

The EE-9 is the wheeled tank in DC_F if memory serves. Light and fast, with decent firepower.

Anyway, I tired moving the pivot and that did nothing. Maybe I didnt do it right though.

I did what you said, then I moved the pivot closer to the player. After that I exported to BF2. It had no effect on the weapon at all.

As you can see from the pic the Shuriken is still floating out in front of the hand. You can also see from the one stuck in the wood, that the Shuriken is the proper size, but if I move the object (not picot) close to the hand in gMacx, the shuriken does get close to being the hand, but also magnifies it.

I am trying to use smoke grenade animations for this weapon. I would like not have to do animation stuff at this point in time if possible (as I am still trying to learn basic modeling adding animation is something I dont have time for right now). Is it possible to move the shuriken to the hand with out making new animations?

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:48 pm 

Yes it is, thats exactly how i did it with thew bat, i moved it inot the existing animations (3p that is). I think you didnt press reset transform, that does alot to the object in quetion. Try pressing it before moving pivot, after youve moved the pivot and still in pivot only mode and when your in normal mode. It has to work, if not ill try i t myself again and see if i cna get a picture/video tut out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:01 am 

Ok I tired that and it still had no effect.

Here are the shuriken files along with a an info file to explain what I was doing.

http://www.serversidemodding.com/users/ ... iken_8.zip

As a side note, do you have any idea why when I export the model that the texture is included in it? If you take a look as the Shuriken weapon I made, there is no need for a texture file and in fact, if you include a texture file BF2 ignors it and uses the one "in" the model. It does still have to be dds and set up as such in gMax (I cant use a tga texture) but I cant use an external dds file. Makes updating/changing skins real annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:07 pm 

You must have made a mistake then, about textures. Textures are not compiled inot the object, only the path to the texture (how else could you make the DPV have the text "<TNT>" on its bumper?). be sure to properly setup the tools so paths are stored relative.

ill look into the shuriken.

edit: at first sight i immeadiatly noticed you made it a staicmesh. Thats badf, it needs to be a bundledmesh. Ill reexport it if i can

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:07 pm 

http://www.serversidemodding.com/users/ ... uriken.zip

That should quite fit your needs. Now i made one very big mistake in my explanation of working with the pivot point: dont use the transform button. I noticed that when rotation the pivot so the shuriken was facing the right direction that button reset'ed it. You might want to try it without using that. I included a 3ds file with it with a wroking shuriken mesh, you only need to export it. For soem dumb reason the gmax exporter isnt included and i cant find one, but i hope your importer will fit your needs. btw that 65% scale of yours: i had to set it to about 1%, probably even less ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next