[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Washed out textures

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:05 pm 

About your errors:
1) Wups i forgot that one, i already fixed that in a later not completely working version. I think. Ill send it to you.
2)You really got to try that fix i poted. Im going back to CTF today, you made me interested again.
3) If you set tickets to 0, you cannot spawn. Its hardocded. So i made it so the tickets go up 100, so its more like conquest the flag discussed in the bf42 section of this forum. Ticket count can easily be adjusted, as well as things like ticket bleed etc. Maybe its best to just have both teams 10 tickets, and if one one team caps a flag others drop one ticket. That way you get an inverted limit.

Now i noticed superb adding a wing object ot the flag. That made me think. What if you do it the other way around and add a dynamic object to the flag (ie like the flagpole but not static object) Maybe you can still see that move and keep the original internal structure of the CTF script.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:52 pm 

as i said I havent had time to implement the vehicle fix. It took me all day (or at leaste the time I could spare) to get the flag working.

From what I can tell, the wing did nothing. No attribs were set to it. It was just there. I tried to set the CP netwrokinfo to basic, but that had no effect.

After thinking about it some more last night, the two main flags still need to be 99/98. That is what designates them as CTF master flags, but instead of moving the CP itself you move the CTF Flag object.

If we can move the CP instead that would make things a little easier. I'll see what I can do.

As for the scoring. I think inverted would be the best way. Because if you do not time a CTF game with the currnet scoring system, it could in theory go on for ever, esspecially since it adds 100 tickets, that is a rather large number even in CQ. How hard would it be to convert it to invetered scoring for CTF? Also since there is no admin tool to use for ctf, maybe making a variable at the top of the script so that the admin can easily choose how many falg caps are needed.

The more I mod BF2, the more I realize in spite of the fact EA saying "its in python, make all mods you want. You can do anyting!", they took a whole lot of measure to make sure that anything you doesnt work.

Update:

I cannot get the python tweaks to work. I keep getting sytax errors. I know it is something I am doing, but I cant figure it out. I think I'll just stick to the game coding for now. I cannot get anywhere with the python stuff.

Update 2:

As you can see from that there appears to be a slight issue with the CTF flag and the minimap. It seems to pick a random location (same every time on the same map though), to put the CP icon. Not sure why that is, but as you can see CP labeled CTF is no where near the actual location (the blue vehicle icon toward the bottom). One good thing though is that the flag does follow the PCO. You cant see it in the screenshot, but the flag is in the middle of the DPV I am driving.

As for making the CP itself move, no such luck yet. I've tried everything I can think of, including adding that newtowrk peice and changing the network info.

I did some other side testing during this whole thing, just see what can and cannot be done. It appears that the network peice shown in the tut does nothing (not surprising really when you think about it, course I could be wrong). I aslo noticed that the CTF flags I gave post above have a ID conflict with any other CP what shares it's id, even if is not in the map. Since ID 99/98 are still needed to distingwish between master falgs and not, those CP IDs need to be changed. Once we get CTF working I will re-release the CTF flag PCO with all the proper changes. I also noticed that you can assign a spawner to a CP added to the PCO. Ex. I changed the flag pco to id 998. I then changed the ID of one of the spawners in the map to ID 998. Next I addtemplated the T1_CTF_Flag_CP to the DPV. When I loaded the game the expected vehicle appeared, the one associated this ID 998. So you can add spawner IDs to CP not in the map initailly. I tired addtemplating a Spawnpoint to the DPV but that did not work (the vehicle spawner was add in the gameplayobjects.con) One last thing I noticed was, that while I could addtemplate the T1_CTF_Flag_CP to the DPV (and it worked like expected), I could not addtemplate the T1_CTF_Flag to the DPV. Apparently in BF2 you cannot addtemplate a PCO to a PCO. Not sure if any of that info helps or not, but hey there it is.

Update 3:

Sorry for such a huge post, but things keep getting more and more complicated.

The CTF flag pco does not show the flag when ran on dedicated server. It shows the right minimap icon and 3d map icon, but the flag itself is not present. This thing just does not want to cooperate. The flag showed up when added to the DPV, but the minimap icon was messed up. With the atual CTF PCO, the minimap works, but the "physical" flag is gone. Any ideas?

Update 4:

After much playing around, it appears that the animdated flag is a weird object. The flag it self does not want to show up on a dedicated server. I even tried using just flag_us, and had the same results. One thing I did notice is that sometimes after being blwon up and respawning it would occasionally show the flag. This only happens from time to time so it is not reliable. I think the flag showing up on the DPV is some weird bug cause I cannot get it showup when running server on anything else.

Is it possilbe to make a players name flash? Cuase in BF42 you did not see a flag with the player, thier name simply flashed and the minimap icon moved. Adding a CP to a PCO talkes care of the minimap (the minimap icon and subscript moved to the proper locations, I just cannot get a animated flag to showup in game). If we can make the name flash and act like it did in 42 (distance didnt matter etc) I think we can make us playble ctf. That coupled with the invers scoring and PCO flag cap fix should make decent CTF. I would look into that stuff myself, but as I said, the BF2 python is beyond my ability right now.

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:46 am 

That is one HUUUGE post.
About the vehicles: im near fixing it. The vehicle part i ripped came from the falog script and is form the 1.0 days. It seems they remmoved a feater in 1.03. It almost works now, it needs some fix i need to debug for.
Inverted tickt count is possible like i said, and once implemented the use of variabeles is easy. Controlpointid assignment is easy too, but i think you figured it out already.
Still i thought of the fact the flag oenst auto-return on dropped yesterday, that still needs to be done too. Ill hope i can fix that too.

edit: oh and that random position seems to be pos 0,0,0. maybe the moving is messed up, i had that too in the begnning. 0,0,0 is the centre of the map.

Now i was think: what if you add a bundle with good networkable info to the flag. Woudl that show ded.? I cant get the dedicated to work, it keeps complaining aobut not being able to find gameplayEobjects.con, and that capital E isnt a typo (in the error it isnt capital, but just to show it)

Update: i fixed the stealing inside a vehicle error. Damn that was a pain to do ;) . Next stop: dedicated moving. We need to make a PCO with NOTHING attached to it and a flag geometry. Next we spawn that object at the EXACT same location as the flag. When python initialises both object will be regarded as about the same. that way you cna move them in a pair and (plz god) it should work. ill be in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:44 pm 

Well the first problem I see is that BF2 doesnt allow a CP to be moved. I havent tried adding a bundle to it, but from what I figured out so far, the game will still see the CP as the root object asn refuse to move it. The PCO works cause the root object is PCO with a CP stuck to it. As for the flag not showing up, I think it has something to do with the animated flag. Even when I just addtemplated the regualr flag to a PCO it didn't show up on ded server.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but am just about out of ideas and nearly convinced that the server end cannot handle a moving animated flag (although it should, but reality seems to be the contrary).

0,0,0 make sense for the flag at "random" cause it was also a lower than the land too.

The post was so big cause I was working on it all day (except for food breaks and 1.5 hrs of class). It seemed that I would take 1 step forward and 3 backward every few hours and so I was just updating as I went, hoping some would see something I was doing wrong and point it out.

Update:

And thus begins the updaes. Sorry if this one too become long.

That is what happens when you give the PCO flag geometry, you get a static flag. 2 issues with this, 1) that flag is stiff and does not move. 2) It is staticaly assigned a team. This means that there would need to be three flag objects and the pyhton script would need a careful set of if statments to determine the team and use the appropriate flag PCO. This will not work. (Even if we could add an animated flag and have it show, we would still have issue #2). We are now left with either getting the flag to show on the CP added to a PCO, or making the CP move.

Update 2:

Tried adding a rotaional bundle to the CP, no go.

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:17 pm 

Does that PCO show up dedicated? A static flag is fine, and you can create 2 PCO's with different names, python will be able to seperate the two. Im trying to perform a "setPosition()" on a simple pco, but the game jsut keeps on crashing when the moving is occuring for some seconds.
CCould you be as kind as to send me that flag thingey? or is it the same as in the .zip file?

Oh and it seems edits dont come trough as new posts. Maybe replying instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:24 pm 

If I made a new post every time I made an update there would be a lot consective posts.

Anyway, there would be 3 CTF flag objects if give the PCO a falg geometry, US CH MEC. Team 2 is not always US either. To do it right the script would have to be able to tell which sides are playing on which team and call the proper object. We would not longer be able to use simply T1 CTF Flag, it would US_CTF_Flag, and the like for all the other sides. It would also have to be able to handle the even of US vs US (yes I have considered doing that on one of the maps). I dont think staticly setting the flag pco geometry is the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:29 pm 

Ok i ahve made some results:
-Theres a nasty bug in the ctf script, ive fixed it. Its when yu die becasue of an object (ie collision), the handler for kills will crash on it, resulting in nasty results of gameplay, one extra line of code (if attacker != None:) fixes it.
-Im not able to move slef made objects, i am able to move dice made objects. Really odd, maybe its becasue i dumped em in the gpo.con file, maybe not, but im goiung to find out how and why. If i fix that were gettign realy close to client-server ctf.
-I have a idea which might owkr concerning the us-us problem: create 2 flags of every team and load those in the map. Keep the naming syntaqxis the same for every object (that mans those objects need ot be made on a per-map basis, i hope that possible, but i think it is). It should work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:42 pm 

The last couple of posts in that thread might be of use

http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/view ... sc&start=0

I also noticed that they mention having to put the vehilce in the vehilces folder. My CP is in a CTF folder, maybe that will help? Also pracache. Dont have time now. Will test later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next