[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - atlas issues

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: atlas issues
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:06 pm 

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:31 pm 

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:19 am 

ok i fixed it:
http://www.serversidemodding.com/users/Harry/Atlas.zip
You were on the right rack but you had to merge the tai files and chnage the path to the picture.
I think the alphachannel is screwed up tho, since the background is way more clear.

in the left pic the bat is selected, in the right the m4, see the difference with the beretta?
Ill see if i can fix that.
edit:

http://www.serversidemodding.com/users/ ... as_030.dds
it ha some wierd spots on it, but the background seems to work.

It seems the atlas tool just has poor compression abilities=)
In the psd file you had 2 layers from which one was the bakcground. BF2 did it another way: they had one layer, without a background. Just a transparent weapon is enough.

btw the con file you deleted: i think it was a crucial part of the porblem. If you didnt merge the .tai files yourself bf2 would ahve never know it had to open the memeatlas_030.dds file ;P

nother edit:

ok its done, the atlas file is here (still ahve to use the old tac and tai files i send):
http://www.serversidemodding.com/users/ ... as_030.dds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:30 pm 

my god, i cant wait till i play your super mod. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:38 pm 

I deleted the con file cause the tutorial said it was only need if you are overriding an exisitng BF2 icon. That and it crashed every time.

I left the psd file as two layers so that it would be easier to do the alpha stuff. The one I was working with was a single layer tga file with alpha.

What compression did you use? the tutorial said dtx5 maybe dtx3 would look better?

The mod is avaible to play now at http://thetntclan.com

Of course the public version that is availbe is only v0.13b and does not have the bat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:03 pm 

Lol i guess the tut was the wrong :). That file just tells bf to load another atlas. If you dont have one, you delete it, else you leave it there. I guess

The targa file always has one layer, it doesnt support the . I mean the background of the tga jsut wasnt transparent anymore when i saved the original to tga.

About the compression: i dont think other dxt's would do better. I dont know why, but the atlas tool just didnt compress that good, but the nvdxt tool did, so i used that (i just made an ^2 pic and compressed that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:33 pm 

Just got a chance to play with it, looks good.

I see you added the bat entires to the original tac and tai files. that seems to work better than trying to make new tai and tac files (interstingly enough the bf2 tool does not make the tac file). Oh well it works now. I also noticed that your dds file has no bg color (mine was the green) yet ingame it looks like all the others (with the green). Apparently there must some defualt color setting somewhere in there cause only the alpha shows though in game. Which is porbalby why it was always "light up" when you didnt use the alpha, it was doing two green layers. Just observations that might be useful in the future.

I'll play around with it some more, cause I need a flashbang icon. To add two icons to the dds file (with the tool) do you just specify two files at the end of the command?

Later:

Ok I got a new icon in the game for the flashbang. The only problem is that I could seem to add it to the 030 atlas. Every time I added something to it, it just made it all one icon, so I had a bat with a flashbang all in one icon.

What ended up doing was creating a new atlas called flashbang and putting its icon in there.

More notes on compresion:
The flashbang icon was made with the bf2 tool. I cant see any differnece between the bat and flashbang. I was going to make it again in photoshop, but since the two appear to be the same qaulity, I just used the auto generated one. The commnad I posted above is what I used to generate the atlas stuff (except I changed the tga file and later renamed the atlas stuff).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next