Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Artillery Rules
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:43 pm 

Hi!

what do you guys think. in my clan were having a debate about artillery beeing fired into the uncaptureable base. My thought is when the commander is there then the arty should be allowed to shoot in,because as far as i'm concerned he is the most important target! when he's gone there won't be any arty shoting on my position,and he can't warn his squads where my troops are. My teammates think it is just base camping,and have kicked people because of it.
any of you that have a server,could you tell me how you handle it.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:27 pm 

Well, on my server, there are none of these "basecamping" rules, as we mainly play 16 player maps with 54 players in game. Its hectic. But, there is no way to not have infantry somewhere in bases that need taking out.

Let's take "Strike At Karkand" for example. The 16 player version of the map has 1 allied base, the 2 forward spawns, and 3 cappable flags all in a line (basically). If the allies take the first two, its taken down to only the back flag, which the allies need to take. So this would not be an uncappable and thusly would always be allowed to fire Artillery upon.

Likewise, if the axis keep the allies at bay, and the axis is shooting Artillery into the main allied uncappable spawn, where the equipment is. This should also be allowed as an APC could camp easily there, or they could just be holding all of the equipment from the game. The equipment spawns quickly enough after it dies, less than the artillery reload time, so it will always be possible for the allies to get it out of there.

Note: In the above, Allies is the USMC and Axis is the MEC/China. I've just played too much 1942. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]