[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Menu Icons

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Menu Icons
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:40 pm 

I cant seem to change menu icons for any weapon (either in the spawn menu or soldier inventory). I have tried changing the path to image but it refuses to show the new image.

I also discovered this when try to create a pistols only type setup

none of the pistols kits have wepaons icon in the spawn menu (they do in the inventory menu though), but the other custom kit has a weapon icon.

Any thoughts?

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:49 am 

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:02 pm 

Im ay be able to shed some light at this question.
It seems the pics in the Ingame\ directory of the menu zip file arent even parsed. Remove some of them and it still works.
The reason is quite simple, these files are dummies. The real stuff is in the MemeAtlas_0#0.dds files in combination with the tai and tac files. I guess the tai and tac files tell bf2 to internally redirect any calls made for the tga files in the ingame/ directory to the atlas file, to a certain offset with is given in the tai file itself. Mess the atlas files up and youll will definitly see some results.
Heres a pic of a (cheap-ass) silenced G36C:

As you can see i obviously did something wrong with the .dds file, but i made it very quickly to see some results.
The red S (it looks like a 5, i know ;)) means its the small version. The big ones are in the kit selection menu.

Im gong to see if i can get it fixed, i think i did something wrong whith compression (it looks much uglyer now)

Atleast you have a start for your silenced g36C :D

Edit:
Seems we need to look more at the bfeditor.gotfrag.com forums, they got it all explained there. You cna use the atlastool provided by dice and create a patch the _00X way.
http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/view ... sc&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:23 pm 

ok I got it to work. I had to edit the alpha channel. That was a pain. In the process I managed to learn that GIMP looks funny with BF2 dds files cause it appears to only be loading alpha channel data.

any way heres a screen

I used DTX3 (explicite alpha) and no mipmaps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:39 am 

Hmz so the GIMP can handle dds. I thought it wasnt capaqble of, but now i see it does. Thats a big help, since Irfan doesnt handle editing and photoshop is slow.

Can you tell me how and what?

i got as far as to dld the plugin and get it to work, but its kind of checkered and i cant see a thing through it (i guess thats what you meant with alpha being a pain) Some stuff does show though, and when i go through the file with a pencil it does show effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:07 pm 

GIMP handels dds, but for some reason BF2's dds files only show the alpha in GIMP. I found that out by copying and pasting the the alpha selection in noticed it looked the same as GIMP when it loads the file. So far have not found a way to edit BF2 textures in GIMP. Wich sucks cause photoshop is lacking in many many departments compared to GIMP.

Aslo GIMP doesnt appear to allow to choose the format when saving dds files.

GIMP worked just fine in bf42, but DICE did some wierd stuff with the textures in BF2.

Your seeing the checkerd board cause that is transparent "color" gimp uses. I made another post about GIMP not liking BF2 textures some where around here. That is what I was refering to.

The pain with the alpha channel is the the game only display exactly what the alpha shows. I was having a hrad time trying to figure out how to add more selections to the alpha so BF2 would show it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:09 pm 

bf2 uses and atlas file it have to be generated those tga files are there so you can build you own atlas file the .tac file its says to the atlas program what to add to the atlas. every pic that you wanna put ingame has to be on dds thats why ea use texture atlas it puts all the pictures on a dds and save their cordinate when you want to call a picture for something you have to put the directory that you put in the tac file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:51 pm 

So you didnt use the GIMP at all? Too bad, i hoped it was possible to use it.
But for only the alpha showing up, what plugin did you use? I did see some colors too it, only the 'checkerboard' was 'in the way'

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next