[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS • View topic - Python script for the server.

Battlefield Modding Tutorials BFMODS

Battlefield Modding Tutorials
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:52 am 

I created a Jimmy.zip package. It has the new con files, new Jimmy_Radio python, and edited jimmy.py to use the new stuff. I haven't had time to test but it should serve as a nice resource.

Profile Send private message E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:10 am 

If you want to run your Jimmy is on Fire script and use sounds that the game has already, you can use this Jimmy_Radio.con file and have the script play sounds on the client without the need for the client to download new sounds. This one plays the in-game award sound (the drum beats when you get a new medal) when the player reaches killing streak events.

rem Setup Jimmy is on Fire Radio Messages
rem
rem

gamelogic.messages.addMessage "killingspree"
gamelogic.messages.addRadioVoice "commander" "/Common/sound/award.ogg" "" """

gamelogic.messages.addMessage "rampage"

gamelogic.messages.addMessage "dominating"

gamelogic.messages.addMessage "unstoppable"

gamelogic.messages.addMessage "godlike"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:17 pm 

Does anybody know if this will be able to be included in a map? I am making Omaha Beach (client side, of course) for Battlefield 2, and it will just be that, a .zip map file. I was wondering if there would be a way to include this script (along with sounds), into that map's files, and then it would work for those who had downloaded it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:43 pm 

here are the UT sounds in ogg format (much smaller than wav and same quality)

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:44 pm 

Well I did some testing and coudnlt get the script to work.

I tired just setting it up as an archive like the readme said, and the python scripts dont execute.

I also tried moving the python scripts to the python folder and initailizing jimmy (wich in turn initializes jimmy_radio). That crashes on loading (like all the other versions that try call a radio event).

Looking at the scripts i noticed a few things.

if state == 1:
host.rcon_invoke("game.sayAll \"" + "Player |cXXXX" + p.getName() + "|cXXXX " + msg1 + "\"")
if state == 2:
host.rcon_invoke("game.sayAll \"" + "Player |cXXXX" + p.getName() + "|cXXXX " + msg1 + "\"")

all the states call the same message (typo I assume, easily fixed). And

def unstoppable(player):
RADIO_MESSAGE_STATE = 4
RadioMessage(RADIO_MESSAGE_STATE)
RADIO_MESSAGE_STATE = 0

def godlike(player):
RADIO_MESSAGE_STATE = 4
RadioMessage(RADIO_MESSAGE_STATE)
RADIO_MESSAGE_STATE = 0

calls same state (again easily fixed). Just though it worth noting that if someone gets thing running, that could cause wrong sounds and messages to be played.

added:

maybe it would be useful to note which version of the game are being used for this.

I am using BF21.02 and v0.12b of my mod (I have tested on both indepenently). All my tetsing has been done locally to the mod (i have not beein puting the scripts in the Admin\standard_admin folder).

I refuse to buy more garbage from EA. 2142 has crossed the line. If you are with me, copy this into your sig too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:18 am 

ugh, I screwed up. I've been working 16+ hour days. Sorry to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:06 am 

I apologize for all the screw ups, here are the files for a true server side mod which uses the Jimmy is on fire script which tracks the killing streaks which I modified to call Jimmy_Radio.py which actually handles the radio events. You need the files below which I have tested by loading them into a dedicated server and it reported back no errors. This is a complete server side mod since it calls on no other sound file other than one already included in the client package. If this is no good, I'll be giving up for now, no more free time to give.

put these into your Admin\standard_admin folder:

these go into your mods\bf2 folder:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:41 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next